I have been nominated twice for the Mystery Blogger Award. NaughtyNora and MissVioletGrey both saw fit to nominate me and I am grateful! They both have intriguing blogs, and I highly recommend you visit them!
This award was created by Okoto Enigma.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- You have to nominate 10 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question..
So being nominated twice, I will say 6 things about myself:
- Yesterday I had cataract surgery. I was told I was young, but it was needed. Today I see so much better out of one of my eyes–better than I’ve seen with lenses for years and years. Still healing and the eyesight will get better still, but I’m enjoying seeing things I haven’t seen in years (unless I’m right on top of them).
- I play many sports. My best sport was likely track growing up–should have been a provincial champion, but s*&%% happens. I still play hockey, basketball (my sport of choice growing up), tennis, table tennis and badminton. I also do weights and hike.
- I expect my tennis and badminton games to improve dramatically now that I’ve had this surgery. It helps to be able to see the ball or the bird!
- I have actually sold oil paintings for profit. Paintings I might add that I actually painted.
- I used to work with leather–carving designs or animals on objects I made. I’ve sold a lot of these things too! Though it has been years since I’ve done anything. I finally have a new work area almost set up! Once I have it ready, I’ll start making things again.
- Finally I play both the piano and the guitar–poorly. I have performed publicly–all it took was the will power and finding a situation where I had a captive audience! They just couldn’t run!!
Answering Nora’s Questions:
- What would you say is your most endearing quality?
Hmmm. I’m not sure I have an endearing quality. Perhaps it’s loyalty. I try to support my friends particularly when they are going through rough times. But that is a question that really needs to be asked of my friends. And I’m certain I would be surprised at the answer.
2. What is something about yourself you’d like to change/improve?
I have been working for years at weights. I would like to get to a six-pack abdominal state. Perhaps this year! Last year I came very close so I’m certain it’s possible. At least it’s a goal. We all need goals!
3. If your house was burning down and you only had time to grab one material possession (let’s assume your entire family & pets are already safely out), what would you save?
I would likely take my camera and my phone! Save as many memories as I could. Would be so much easier if I just uploaded everything to the cloud, but there’s a certain trust issue there.
4. What is something that makes you feel nostalgic?
There are a couple of things that take me back in time. Music has always done this. But I also find Christmas movies do the same. I tend to watch many of the same movies each Christmas and they bring back memories and occasionally bring out the tears as well! I love the genre! So many great films.
5. Favourite dessert??
I don’t eat a lot of desserts, but I do love some of them (even if I don’t eat them often). At the top of the heap is brownies! And they have to have nuts in them.
Miss Violet’s Questions:
- If you could travel back to any point in time, what era would you choose and why?
I love reading good historical novels and while almost any period will catch my fancy, I really love books dealing with the Roman Empire! Colleen McCullough wrote a series of books on the Roman Empire that is positively marvelous. But others have also tackled the subject successfully!
2. What would you say has been your biggest achievement(s) in your life so far?
Another head scratcher. I’m not sure what my biggest achievement is. I have children that know right from wrong and most often 3 of the four male the right decision. I have received many awards at work. This shows that I am respected as most in my field will never receive even one of the awards I’ve been given. I’m known to be a man who doesn’t sugarcoat but who speaks the truth. So I guess my biggest achievement is growing up to be an honest man who tries to live life “right”
3. With what you know now, what would you say to your 18 year old self?
Such tough questions. I think I would tell myself that I shouldn’t marry if the sex isn’t great. Although I didn’t have sex with my first wife until after we were married. Ultimately she didn’t seem to really like sex. Didn’t want orgasms and was as far from kinky as you can get.
4. Imagine you weren’t in your current job. What would be your most/least favourite job to have?
Least favourite: porta-potty cleaner
Most favourite: athletics director at a big school though honestly I like what I do best!!
5. Name a favourite book and why it is a favourite.
If I have to name a book I’ll name the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I read this whole trilogy the first time when I was in grade two. Read it again in grade three and probably grade four. Have read it several times since then. The book was lent to me from my father who was a big Tolkien fan. So these books link me with my dad.
While I do read many genres, I prefer thrillers. I may not actually have a favourite book but I do have a favourite genre.
I am supposed to nominate 10 other bloggers. Many of those I would nominate have already been nominated so I’m not nominating them again. Others have become dead bloggers. But here are my nominations. If I have missed you and you’d like to take part, please do. I follow so many excellent blogs that I feel bad only nominating 10. The more the merrier I always say. Let me know and I’ll add you to my nominations. It will be my mistake for nominating more than 10!
Here are my nominees:
1. Name your favourite movie and explain why it appeals to you. Is it an emotional release or the thought of living vicariously?
2. What qualities do you most admire in another?
3. If you had to move to another country and couldn’t stay where you are now, where would you go? (Assuming you will have the job you want and he home you want) Explain!
4. Thinking about all the sports that exist, which one would you like to be good at (not world best quality), but far better than most?
5. If you had no fear of disease, nor pregnancy, nor relationship issues (jealousy etc.), what sexual experience would you pursue?
I appreciate all your participation in my blog. It you accept this nomination, I am pleased but it isn’t necessary. Do as you wish!